SALSATION GENERAL AUDITIONS
Sunday, May 27, 2012 from 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Second City Training Center
1608 N. Wells (4th floor of Piper’s Alley)
Salsation Theatre Company, Comedy with a LATIN flavor, is looking for talent to cast for upcoming shows/touring/festival opportunities for the rest of 2012. We’re looking to cast people for the following shows:
*Salsation Writing Showcases*
- Need 6-8 actors for various roles for a 4 week sketch comedy run in the summer.
- Need 3-4 actors to perform musical improv.
- Actors must be willing to sing and dance. Ability to play an instrument a plus.
- Need actors for a one-day sketch comedy show where material is written, rehearsed, and performed in one day (will be the third time we’ve produced this)
- Shooting for 3 teams of 6 (minimum 18 people) to be in the cast.
- If interested in directing sketch comedy, please let us know.
*Las Divas De Salsation*
- Original all woman sketch show
- Need 6-8 ladies to write & perform it
*Festival appearances* (if accepted)
- Milwaukee Comedy Festival (August 3rd-August 11th, Milwaukee)
- Out of Bounds Comedy Festival
- Big Little Comedy Festival (September 12-16th, Grand Rapids, MI)
– Other opportunities to follow
- Will take any one of the shows above as appropriate. If we need to assemble a show, we will do so.
Auditions are to be held Sunday May 27th from 6-9 PM at Second City Training Center (1608 N. Wells, 4th floor of Piper’s Alley, Chicago, IL) Room 410. Slots are as follows:
6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
6:40 PM – 7:10 PM
7:20 PM – 7:50 PM
8:00 PM – 8:30 PM
8:40 PM – 9PM
Auditions will consist of improvisation, cold reads of existing sketches (sides), and demonstration of musical ability. If you have any musical or movement ability (sing, play an instrument, or dance), we want to see it. Please bring what you need to do a small demonstration (acoustic instruments, no drums please). We will have a keyboard there if needed.
We prefer to see people with at least a year of improv & sketch experience (training and/or performance).
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- contact information (phone and email)
- two slot times you prefer to be in
- any production experience you have (promotion, directing, tech)
If selected, participation is on a volunteer basis. Payment is possible but not guaranteed; however, you get to be a part of a rich 14 year history of performance and work.